Customer Review Guidelines
How we became New Jersey's best digital marketplace
that aims to connect homeowners with professional contractors
What information does The Contractors Booklist require for the Review?
What information does The Contractors Booklist require?
- a valid email address
- zip or postal code
- online name and neighbourhood
What are The Contractors Booklist review posting guidelines?
The Contractors Booklist has sole discretion on what to post and in what form but the following are useful guidelines for what we look at:
1. Reviews must be at least 40 words in length. We will not post any review that are with no substance, such as "They are great."
2. Reviews must be based on a financial transaction between a homeowner and contractor. Reviews published on a contractor listing must relate to a household repair, improvement, purchase, or construction undertaking, completed by a written or verbal contract.
3. The content of a review must be family-friendly. If you know someone who would blush at what you have written, so will our readers! The Contractors Booklist will not post – or once posted, will remove – any defamatory or insulting language, profanity, threats, prejudiced comments, hate speech, personal attacks, or other content considered objectionable.
5. Ensure your review is unique, independent, and accurate. You may submit one review of any given event. The review must concern a specific contractor you have worked with and a specific event, not hearsay. The review itself should focus solely on your experience with that contractor, or service. You should not refer to a contractor’s competitors by name if you are giving a comparison of your experience with two separate companies. As others may rely on your reviews, we urge you to make your comments helpful, reasonable, and above all, truthful to your experience. Ensure your content is as factually accurate as possible according to your knowledge and experience.
6. Ensure your review is legal and non-infringing. We will not post, and will remove from the site, any review that is or becomes illegal or infringing. Reviews may be removed and a marker showing the user name and date will be shown in any of the following cases:
- Homeowner has requested their review be removed.
- Review is currently being investigated. It will either go back up or rejected if it is not validated by the user.
- Review is removed as not from a validated client.
7. We will not post a review written by or about minors (under the age of 18). As per our Terms and Conditions, you must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible to use the site, as either a reviewer or as the representative of a contractor.
8. Contractor owners, management, or employees (past or current) may not pose as consumers and post reviews about their own contractor. This is considered to be fraudulent behaviour, and will be treated accordingly.
9. Do not respond to a review using a review. We allow representatives of parties or entities that were reviewed to respond to posted reviews by way of Respond to this Review. The Contractors Booklist will apply the same posting guidelines set out above to such responses. Please note that the identity of a representative that files a response to a review will be made known on the site. A contractor that violates our privacy guidelines may be suspended from using the site.
10. Reviews must be non-commercial. The Contractors Booklist will not post any web addresses, e-mail addresses, HTML code, or promotional materials of any kind.